Saturday, October 3, 2009

And the Cover Is.... Ta Da!


There are some amazingly insightful marketers out there. Twenty three BonnieBlogsGreen readers agreed with the design and marketing departments at Leap Books. You may have already known which one was chosen if you perused this blog or my website: http://www.bonniedoerrbooks.com/.


Most readers agreed with Leap Books. These comments were pulled from emails that don't show up in the comment section below the Five Covers, One Book, You Pick post. You know who you are.


  • Black against yellow is the most contrast you can get.

  • I like the understated type.

  • It seems to visually communicate more than the others.

  • It would draw me to pick it from a shelf filled with hundreds of other books.

  • The bullet holes in what looks like a road sign and the skid marks ...convey a sense of mystery and danger, with shooting definitely involved. The cover promises to put the reader in the middle of the action.

  • It is the one that stays in my mind long after I leave your blog.

  • I like the close up of the caution sign.

  • It pulls me right into the suspense.

  • It is the most graphic of the pitch.

  • [It is the] most eye-catching and evocative of the pitch.

  • The entire decision process was shared by one reader (paraphrasing here) who reasoned that the style of two covers resembled a vanity press, one was of a pretty scene, but didn't tell anything about the story, one looked like an adult mystery or romance instead of being geared for youth, leaving the favorite, which was eye-catching, clever, understated and would make one want to know what was inside.

Oh, gadzooks, I almost forgot. You want to know the count for the other covers. Sixteen people preferred number four and twelve people preferred number five.


And me? I'm super lucky. I agreed with Leap Books, too.

PS To the caffein-starved reader out there: I know it's difficult to tell in a small image, but no, those are not coffee beans on the cover.


Coming soon, Mr GP returns to the fall garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment